MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.4 and ProPortal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

ProPortal was working fine without any problem with 1.6.3 and the previous versions under my localhost, test free hosting and a real paid host. I tried updating to 1.6.4 and it showed an error upon installation. I don't know why it shows an error. The functionality of ProPortal is really important to me. Can someone take a look what the problem is? I've attached the zipped plugin in this post.

Localhost: MyBB 1.6.4

http://lulzimg.com/i24/a14749.png

Free Host: MyBB 1.6.4

http://lulzimg.com/i24/c4d016.png
if the proportal is not modified , may be you can uninstall it on 1.6.3 , update the myBB system to
1.6.4 AND re-install proportal - that might work. of course you may first test this on localhost ...
(2011-07-30, 06:27 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if the proportal is not modified , may be you can uninstall it on 1.6.3 , update the myBB system to
1.6.4 AND re-install proportal - that might work. of course you may first test this on localhost ...

I followed exactly what you said and unfortunately, it didn't work.

1) I did a fresh installation of MyBB 1.6.3 on the localhost
2) Installed ProPortal
3) Uninstalled ProPortal
4) Installed MyBB 1.6.4
5) Installed ProPortal

During step 5, I ended up with the same error. Can someone knowledgeable take a look at what the problem is? Please Sad
I think - what you need to do is NOT uninstall proportal. Take a copy of the portal.php BEFORE upgrading etc. Upgrade as usual and replace the portal.php file from the MYBB 1.6.4 package with your copy. That might work.
go to ac > tools and maintenance > cache manager and click usergroups to make sure it is populated. if it is empty, then click rebuild cache and try the install again
(2011-07-30, 02:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think - what you need to do is NOT uninstall proportal. Take a copy of the portal.php BEFORE upgrading etc. Upgrade as usual and replace the portal.php file from the MYBB 1.6.4 package with your copy. That might work.

That worked! Thank you but the problem now is you can't install ProPortal to 1.6.4 directly because it shows the error I posted above. The only way as of now is to first install a fresh 1.6.3 and then use the method you gave for the installation for it to work in 1.6.4.

Got another idea?

(2011-07-30, 02:59 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]go to ac > tools and maintenance > cache manager and click usergroups to make sure it is populated. if it is empty, then click rebuild cache and try the install again

I checked 'usergroups' and it is not empty at all. Regardless, I clicked rebuild cache and installed ProPortal again. Error still shows after Sad
(2011-07-30, 05:55 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-30, 02:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think - what you need to do is NOT uninstall proportal. Take a copy of the portal.php BEFORE upgrading etc. Upgrade as usual and replace the portal.php file from the MYBB 1.6.4 package with your copy. That might work.

That worked! Thank you but the problem now is you can't install ProPortal to 1.6.4 directly because it shows the error I posted above. The only way as of now is to first install a fresh 1.6.3 and then use the method you gave for the installation for it to work in 1.6.4.

Got another idea?

Well, pro_portal is not supported anymore - but looking at the error, its at the moment that usergroups and caches are inserted. That method was changed in 1.6.4 I think - so you would need someone who knows HOW to change it to modify the proportal install routine.

I had a look in the pro_portal install file round about line 431 - the screenshot of the install error points to error_handler - this will be why pavemen pointed you to the usergroups. Is it possibly the name/functionality of the inc/class_datacache.php that has changed?
require_once MYBB_ROOT.'inc/class_datacache.php';
	$cache = new datacache;
	$usergroups = $cache->read("usergroups");
	$groups = array();
	foreach($usergroups as $group)
	{
		$groups[] = $group['gid'];
	}
	$groups = implode(",", $groups);

(2011-07-30, 02:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, pro_portal is not supported anymore - but looking at the error, its at the moment that usergroups and caches are inserted. That method was changed in 1.6.4 I think - so you would need someone who knows HOW to change it to modify the proportal install routine.

I had a look in the pro_portal install file round about line 431 - the screenshot of the install error points to error_handler - this will be why pavemen pointed you to the usergroups. Is it possibly the name/functionality of the inc/class_datacache.php that has changed?

I have no idea Sad I hope pavemen gets back at this thread.
me to, please help me to install proportal on Mybb 1.6.4
(2011-08-18, 01:25 PM)ChiPFirE Wrote: [ -> ]me to, please help me to install proportal on Mybb 1.6.4

just install 1.6.3 first then install proportal then update to 1.6.4 but dont replace the portal.php or maybe create a new 1.6.3 forum and then install proportal then get the db tables from phpmyadmin then export them and import them to the original 1.6.4 but install proportal up until the error first then it should work although i havent tested the 2nd method

you can see it running fine on 965mods.co.uk or dev.965mods.co.uk:8080
Pages: 1 2 3 4