MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Second post importance suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've notice that sometimes when you double post the system will automatically prevent double posting by adding the second post to the main post with a line to separate text, but usually people don't see this or will not find it important, but mostly they just don't see it.

Here is my suggestion an importance system.

[attachment=23572]

This could be very helpful, all though the text of importance will only appear if the author chooses to add it, during his additional post.

I'm trying to give mybb features that no other forum software has and here is an unique one.
You can already do this, modify the setting with your own bbcode.
(2011-07-30, 11:57 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]You can already do this, modify the setting with your own bbcode.

but the merged post separator is a simple <hr> and that class is used in several places, so it would not be the same and mycode wont work, i dont think.

you would need a new CSS class with the style you want. then modifiy the templates or code to use that new class when merging
but it looks like you can use mycode:

in ACP - Configuration - Board Settings - Postings
Merge Separator
The Separator to be used when merging two message Default: '[hr]'
Yes, use [hr2] (just a example), then create a new bbcode using the new html code you want to use or just change the color (<hr style="background-color:#FF0000;"/>).

Anyways, this is a suggestion for mybb community, so I don't think they will implement it.