MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO: Reverting back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, I want to uninstall Google SEO, but I want the search engine friendly URLs to go to their proper thread in the default MyBB URL set up.
For example, I'd like the URL enigmachs.com/thread-testing to redirect to its proper showthread URL, like enigmachs.com/showthread.php?tid=1 (just an example, don't mind the syntax if it's wrong) so that when I remove Google SEO everything that I've linked to off-site continues to work.

Any way to do that? Possibly some script to find all the threads and edit the htaccess? That would be great if this is possible, if not, that's really going to suck big time for me Sad
Quote:4. Uninstalling instructions

If you want to redirect Google SEO URLs back to stock MyBB URLs,
just upload the original, unmodified inc/functions.php, but make
sure to keep Google SEO URL and Google SEO Redirect enabled.
Edit : not seen frostschutz's response . He is the expert of SEO Smile

[IGNORE this if you wish] you can uninstall google SEO AND use internal SEO with htaccess
rules. htaccess rewrite rules should be already available as htaccess.txt on myBB installation
(2011-07-30, 09:00 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4. Uninstalling instructions

If you want to redirect Google SEO URLs back to stock MyBB URLs,
just upload the original, unmodified inc/functions.php, but make
sure to keep Google SEO URL and Google SEO Redirect enabled.

Alright well, here's the reason I need to do this. I'm moving to IP.Board, and I want to keep the URLs working correctly, as it has some files I can use to make that work for the most part (showthread.php, etc.), but the problem is I'm using Google SEO, and I won't be using MyBB anymore.

So anything that needs to keep MyBB installed isn't going to work Sad
Well, all the data you need in order to translate the SEO URL to MyBB's thread/forum/etc. IDs is in the google_seo table. You can check out the google_seo_url_id() function to get an idea of how to use it.

Once you have MyBB's ID you can employ whatever system you are using to translate MyBB's ID to your new boards ID (if the IDs aren't identical after conversion), and from there the new boards redirection mechanism can pick it up and redirect to their own variant of SEO URLs (if they have SEO URLs).

Maybe someone from the IP.Board community can provide you further assistance on this.
Maybe I should move the forum and domain to another server (as my current server doesn't support addon domains) and configure a redirect for the index and the threads. That looks like the easy way out of this, though I wish I wouldn't need to do that.

So if I learn how to use the google_seo_url_id() function, I wouldn't have to do that? Where can I find documentation on it? What tables would I have to import into the new database to get that to work, just the google_seo table?