MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB not upgrading.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime i try to upgrade. It keeps telling me im upgrading to 1.6.3 and not 1.6.4. This is the message i recieve after its upgraded...

Quote:Upgrade Complete

Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.6.3.

Please remove this directory before exploring your upgraded MyBB.

What's Next?

Please use the 'Find Updated Templates' tool in the Admin CP to find customised templates updated during this upgrade process. Edit them to contain the changes or revert them to originals.
Ensure that your board is still fully functional.

It also shows my AdminCP address as www.mydomain.com//index.php

Anyone have any ideas whats happening?
Are you sure you uploaded 1.6.4's files and not 1.6.3's?
Yeah downloaded the 1604a files from my AdminCP
I knwo it's not a place to add a question but it's for upgrading, but where do i upload the newer version My bb in same place and over write or a serten place?
(2011-07-30, 02:57 PM)Doctors Companion Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah downloaded the 1604a files from my AdminCP
No, no, no. Don't download those. The files you downloaded were a small update to 1.6.4 itself, because there were a few bugs originated by the original 1.6.4 update. You only needed to download those if you were already running the original 1.6.4 copy.

But since you're upgrading from 1.6.3, you can safely download the latest copy from the downloads page which has been updated to reflect these change. Download it, upload and overwrite all the files and then run the upgrade script again.

http://www.mybb.com/downloads

(2011-07-30, 03:01 PM)mushibu09 Wrote: [ -> ]I knwo it's not a place to add a question but it's for upgrading, but where do i upload the newer version My bb in same place and over write or a serten place?
In the same place where you installed MyBB for the first time. And yes, overwrite all the files.
Ah right, thanks! Will give that a try! Smile
Working, spot on!