MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AGAIN ANOTHER ERROR!!!! unregistered users posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have already found the key problem, on one of the forums,the quick reply box is visible even to the guests, can you guys help with this? Even with the default templates, it's there, i myself was able to post while i was logged out. See the attached image.[attachment=23583]
Go to Admin CP > Users & Groups > Groups > Guests > Forums and Posts.

Then untick "Can post new threads?" and "Can post replies to threads?", as well as any other options you want.

[attachment=23584]
Also check the custom permissions for that forum. Ultimately guests won't be able to post unless you've changed something to allow them to post.
thanks for the reply, but I have checked the permissions, but no posting option has been selected, I also have removed the can view permission, but still the quick reply box won't disappear.....
And this problem resides only with one forum....... I have even cleared the custom permission but still, the damn quick reply box just won't disappear for logged out users.....
UPDATE!, when i am logged out, if I click new reply then the site asks me to login in, but if I directly use the quick reply box, I can simply post it, and the post appears as it has appeared in the above attachment.
^ please post URL of that specific forum ..
http://www.vuaskari.com/Thread-Ramadan-M...5#pid35325
here is a post in the specific forum, you'll see that the reply box is visible as a guest.
Check that forum's permissions. Every other forum throws a permission error and doesn't show the quick reply, so it's that forum's specific permissions.
ranjani solved it, thanks...... now he is looking at another mess at my forum, every configuration setting is repeated twice.....
I have same problem
Can we block this spammers? they can post even if not registered.
^ your forum URL please ...
Pages: 1 2