MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your desktop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-04-09, 07:56 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]http://i.imm.io/lDCg.png

The desktop background kinda gives away the college name. Toungue

My desktop has barely changed since my last post, so I'll post it when I install Fedora Security Lab.
Mine will be changing soon, converting to mac Smile
(2012-04-09, 08:24 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Mine will be changing soon, converting to mac Smile

Why? Go linux instead Wink
(2012-04-09, 08:30 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-09, 08:24 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Mine will be changing soon, converting to mac Smile

Why? Go linux instead Wink

He may be like me and need it for certain things. For example all of my recording software is mac based.

Don't listen to Euantor, Tom. Macs are, although they seem to be hated here, good computers. Once you go Mac, you never go back. Although you may move in a sideways direction to Linux or Windows. (I love my Mac, you probably will to.)
Well, I'm not "converting" as such. I'm running a hackintosh with windows via Parralells
I like how macs run, and like the smoothness of the OS. I also like being able to rollback to a snapshot of the OS if windows breaks (which it often does!). At the moment I run a windows VM inside of Windows, which is less than ideal Toungue
I have my Mac.

Screenshot: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5150/desktopssg.png
Usually much more cluttered, but I have shifted a lot of stuff into a hiding folder for YT videos. My bg changes every 5 seconds.

Go Mac!
Impressive, I'm planning to switch my desktop to Sabayon Linux after I get a monitor for the desktop (TV didn't work, the computer slowed way down connected to it, so I gotta build a new Media Center PC for the TV in the future.).

The laptop is back to the default Eee 4G 'desktop' which is more like a switchboard with tabs than a desktop IMHO. Since the laptop is falling apart on me, I've also got to save up for a new one after I pay off the loan come the end of October...
By the way, my program lineup:

Virtualization: VMWare Fusion
IDE: Aptana Studio 3
Image Editor: GIMP
FTP: Filezilla and Forklift (depends on task.)
Browser: Chrome (OH YEAHHHHHHH)
Extra editor: Xcode