MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your desktop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah I used to run both (Ubuntu & Windows) but always had bad luck with them, for some reason..

I just feel that even using the keyboard feels different on each OS. Me being a developer...
I've always pushed the limits to some degree. I even had my PC triple booted at one point between Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Fedora. I don't even know why I bothered with that because Linux is customizable enough that there is really no need to run two similar distributions concurrently like that, but I wanted to see what I could do... Wasn't worth the boot loader frustration and the hard drive problems that would follow. I guess after doing that, the issues I face with a simple dual boot configuration are more of a walk in the park for me now than they were before. Toungue

I do have a weird keyboard issue on Ubuntu that I don't have on Windows that causes the caps lock key to have a slight delay. I used to have capitalization errors all over the place because I rarely use shift to capitalize letters, but my hands have gotten used to it now that I no longer use Windows as my main OS.
Fedora > Ubuntu any day Wink

@Omar I think it's definitely worth it, if just for the stability. Keeping up-to-date on software is a lot easier too.
Deepin seems nice too. I don't like the Fedora look Toungue
As in the Gnome 3 look? Install the KDE spin instead. Or install Mate.
(2014-08-29, 05:53 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@Linux, nice ones there! I like Ubuntu but I can't live without windows, do any of you recommend an dual installation?

What do you need Windows for?
(2014-08-29, 05:53 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@Linux, nice ones there! I like Ubuntu but I can't live without windows, do any of you recommend an dual installation?

I run Windows in a virtual machine if I ever need it for anything (Usually just VMWare vSphere Client). VirtualBox has a seamless mode that gives the VM a transparent background making it a bit nicer to use than having to have it in fullscreen or something.
I'm used to run my localhost on windows (Apache, MySQL, etc), I already know the install procedures etc. I'm so used to it for my coding work, I can't live without Notepad++ (which is not available in Linux, etc), GitHub foor windows, Office, etc.

Last time I installed a localhost in Ubuntu it got on my nerves.

@Euantor, GNOME 3 looks nice, I just like the visual aspect of Ubunto more. I'm not that attached to a windows like style anyways.
Antergos with Gnome 3 (I used to install from Arch, but why waste the extra time when an installer can do it for me)

[Image: 3b227db9-be44-4724-973c-494910e00f5c.png]
I'm going to need a source for that Phoenix.