MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redesigned Header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm releasing this small set of templates called the Redesigned Header, because, well all it contains is a redesigned header.

Because there were complaints about previous themes containing "vb navbars" were infringing copyright on other authors, I created a similar menu system by myself.

This new header is a taste of both vB and MyBB RC4, and only uses MyBB stock images, and CSS, Javascript, and HTML code created by myself.

I hope some of you will find this useful; you are allowed to modify and redistribute the code to your heart's content, so long as the copyright remains intact. The menu system can be easily extended beyond what I have. I've basically left it as open ended as possible for you to modify to your own liking.

Also, I've only tried this in Firefox, and IE6, so there are chances that the menu breaks with other browsers Sad

Some screenshots:
http://www.dennistt.net/temp/redesignedh...search.png
http://www.dennistt.net/temp/redesignedh...usercp.png
http://www.dennistt.net/temp/redesignedheader_nav.png
http://www.dennistt.net/temp/redesignedheader_guest.png

Inspired by Suckerfish dropdowns
looks really nice, good job, one thing I dont like is the emty space on the left side, just emty, seems like something should be there, Oh well people can put an add or something
This is cool. Toungue

Any instructions on how to use this 'drop down' in the postbit?

Edit: I tried fiddling it with the Post bit, just can't get it working Sad
very very nice i like it.... why dont u center the Nav part on the middle on the Guest shown??

Also, it would be nice if at the left of Welcome back, UserName... could be the avatar, maybe on a resized size, like 50x50
Can anyone tell me the hyperlink for

'View Public Profile(of a user)'
'Send a PM to {user}'
'Find more Posts by {user}'
xiaozhu Wrote:'View Public Profile(of a user)'

member.php?action=profile&uid={uid}

xiaozhu Wrote:'Send a PM to {user}'

private.php?action=send&uid={uid}

xiaozhu Wrote:'Find more Posts by {user}'

search.php?action=finduser&uid={uid}
I would also like whats the code for the username in the postbit?

In the original postbit, it shows
$post[profilelink]
However, it links to the profile, what is the code for 1 that does not leads to the profile?

Thanks alot for your help eariler Big Grin
Great job Dennis, I really like them!
xiaozhu Wrote:I would also like whats the code for the username in the postbit?

In the original postbit, it shows
$post[profilelink]
However, it links to the profile, what is the code for 1 that does not leads to the profile?

Thanks alot for your help eariler Big Grin
What does this have todo with this topic at all? oh well.
$post[username]
should do it.

Nice header, reminds me alot of the RC4 header Smile
I was just playing with the postbit and this is the template I came up with (it's in MyBB standard format, and you can modify it to the vB style if you like)

<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="155" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><a name="pid$post[pid]"></a>
<div align="center">
<ul class="navbar" style="display: block; text-align: center">
<li style="width:100%"><a href="member.php?action=profile&uid=$post[uid]" id="postmenu$post[pid]_trigger_link"><strong><span class="largetext">$post[username]</span></strong></a>
<ul id="postmenu$post[pid]" style="text-align: left"">
<li><div class="navbarhead">$post[username]</div></li>
<li><a href="member.php?action=profile&uid=$post[uid]">View Public Profile</a></li>
<li><a href="private.php?action=send&amp;uid=$post[uid]">Send the author a PM</a></li>
<li><a href="member.php?action=emailuser&amp;uid=$post[uid]">$lang->postbit_email</a></li>
<li><a href="$post[website]" target="_blank">$lang->postbit_website</a></li>
<li><a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid=$post[uid]">$lang->postbit_find</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
<br class="clear" />
<script type="text/javascript">
registerMenu('postmenu$post[pid]');
</script>
<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br />
$post[useravatar]<br />
$lang->postbit_posts $post[postnum]<br />
$lang->postbit_group $usergroup[title]<br />
$lang->postbit_joined $post[userregdate]<br />
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]$post[replink]<br />
</span>
</td>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow">$post[posturl]$post[icon]<span class="smalltext"><strong> $post[subject]</strong></span>
<p>$post[message]</p>
$post[attachments]
$post[signature]
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
$post[editedmsg]
$post[iplogged]
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" height="18" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><span class="smalltext">$post[postdate] $post[posttime]</span></td>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="middle" height="18">
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
	<tr valign="bottom">
		<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext"></span></td>
		<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$post[button_edit]$post[button_quickdelete]$post[button_quote]$post[button_report]</span></td>
	</tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
$seperator