MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I was upgrading I never got to the end of it I always get this error?

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method datacache::update_threadprefixes() in /home/teamaxvi/public_html/connectionforums.com/install/upgrade.php on line 598

Anyone know what this means?
Never mind solved it this dude's guide worked! Smile

Quote:Hi Guys,

I did exactly what was suggested in the first reply and it worked perfectly.

If needed, here's a step by step.

1. Download latest version of myBB as you did when you first installed.
2. Unzip
3. Open your FTP software to the root of your domain and then go to the inc folder and find class_datacache.php
4. Navigate to the same folder in your unzipped download and upload class_datacache.php to your server overwriting the existing file.

This fixed the upgrade error for me.

If you have the // in your Admin CP url then I uploaded all of the downloaded version of myBB 1.6.4 overwriting all files on my server. As suggested in by the original reply this might be a good idea anyway in case there are other corrupt files.

The only thing to be aware of is whether you edited any files while adding mods. The edits will be overwritten by the fresh upload.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.
Yes, it means there are files missing. Download the latest MyBB version, re-upload all the files and run the upgrade script again.
orange I thought it was fixed now admin cp and the site works super slow and when I get into the admin cp manually and check for a update it show's as if I didn't update. Sad