MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin / Super Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a forum where the Super Administrator is the one causing the problems. We can't do anything about it, but I want to move the forum and get rid of him before he upsets any more members.

I know that I need to edit $config, but where to do it. Then I can move the board away from him completely and save the forum!

Is it FTP, where do I point it, etc?

Cheers,

Steve Pendlebury
.inc/config.php ; around line number 70 ; in below code 1 is user id of the super admin
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
You've posted this in the 'MyBB.com Community & Site Issues' forum, which is clearly for issues with this forum, not your own. Please read this: http://community.mybb.com/announcement-18.html

Moved to general support.
Sorry about that, Matt.

So that wants changing, but where is it. I'm not a computer whizz kid. so I'm afraid I need it in steps. I am an Admin, not a Super Admin and I don't have the Super Admin privileges. Nor do I have the passwords for the install or the server.

I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but our super admin has all that and we can't get them off him. Can it be done through a back door?

I am running Ubuntu Linux by the way, if this helps.

Cheers,

Steve Pendlebury
You'd need FTP access, if you don't have that there's nothing you can do.
@ Steve, who is the owner for the site ? if you are the owner you should be having webhost panel login
from there you should be able to control everything required !!
(2011-07-31, 03:19 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]@ Steve, who is the owner for the site ? if you are the owner you should be having webhost panel login
from there you should be able to control everything required !!

Considering, he is not super admin, and don't have FTP login too, i don't think he is owner of the Forum.
@Steve: if you are not the owner of the Forum, you can't/shouldn't try to take it away from its owner.
Have you ever realized even if you managed to get files and all, he will still have domain with him, and can point it anywhere he want.

Its funny how you asked for Backdoors in MyBB support.