MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Howdy

I just noticed that my two forums are still on 1.6.3 and it needs to be upgraded to 1.6.4! but i am not to sure how to do it can some one please help with this thanks.

And my other problem is that Mark All Forums Read, when you click it this comes up, how do i fix this thanks????

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
To upgrade Just do this.
1) Backup your site's files and database.
2) Download the latest MyBB 1.6.4 pack.
3) Upload the files, replacing the MYBB 1.6.3 files in your server.
4) Remove lock file inside install folder.
5) Visit your_forum/install/upgrade.php and follow with the upgrading.

For Authorization code mismatch problem read this.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-93432.html
To upgrade just download the latest MyBB version, upload all the new files so it overwrites the existing ones and run the upgrade script on ./install/upgrade.php. For more details read [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

As for the mark all forums read issue, read this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-93432.html
Ok i will give this a shoot but i am not feeling 100% on doing this i am still learning how to do this.
(2011-07-31, 04:10 PM)The-Dragon-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i will give this a shoot but i am not feeling 100% on doing this i am still learning how to do this.

It will be much easier than you can imagine.
I really hope so Kevin

Just one thing i cant seem to find the lock file inside install folder. I have the Install folder but there is no folder or file in side called lock file???
It will be inside install folder in the MyBB 1.6.3 files in your server.
Don't worry about it then. You can safely run the upgrade script.
One site done one more to go now it was easy thanks.

Now i know how to back in the forum in the ACP but how do i restore it again if i need to. As i have never backup my forums as i dont know how to restore it again.
If something goes wrong, you'd just import your database backup over phpMyAdmin. You should be fine though.
Pages: 1 2