MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderate users posts in admin causes error [Mission Critical]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I use admin to moderate a user I get the following error:

Quote:The following errors were encountered:
  • The username you entered already exists. Please enter a different username.

If I use the Mod CP in the front-end then I am able to moderate a users posts (permanently) without error.

How can I fix this? I am using 1.6.3 Thank you for your help.

PS: I note that Users and Groups, Overview tab shows correct username but Profile tab shows my username (all users have my UN). I am unable to change this to correct username (I get same error as above). I suspect the problems are related but I’m just guessing.

My forum has only been open since 7/26/2011 and I just noticed this problem a few days ago. If it matters I currently have 8 users and 59 posts.
just to confirm : in admin panel, if you are editing a user,
it is showing your name at profile - is it correct ? if so there is something wrong !!
(2011-07-31, 05:05 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]just to confirm : in admin panel, if you are editing a user,
it is showing your name at profile - is it correct ? if so there is something wrong !!

On "Profile" tab of user in "Username" field it shows my UN. This is the only place that shows my UN. So to answer your question yes.

However the “Overview” tab shows the correct UN and the titlebar shows the correct UN on all tabs. Clear as mud right? Sorry if this confusing.

Grasping at straws here.
hmm., I never heard this type of problem !!
may be someone from support team should check it with required privileges ...
I doubt it this is a bug. Sounds like your browser is just automatically filling in the username field. Can't you edit the username field in the Profile tab? If you don't change it, then you'll obviously get that error because that username already exists...
(2011-08-01, 09:14 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt it this is a bug. Sounds like your browser is just automatically filling in the username field.

If so then that wouldn’t explain why I see this behavior on 2 out of 3 of my sites but not all of them. All 3 sites are on different hosts.

Also I have seen happening this on 3 of my PC each with Linux / Windows. Using K-Meleon on Win and SeaMonkey on Linux.

Quote:Can't you edit the username field in the Profile tab? If you don't change it, then you'll obviously get that error because that username already exists...

I can but it doesn’t stick. After I put the correct UN in the Username field on Profile tab I and click “Save User” I see this message:

The selected user has been updated successfully. 

However when I click on username (the same username or any of them) again in Users then look at their Profile tab the Username field on Profile tab is again reverted to my username.

PS: Thank you gentlemen for your replies.
^ I still feel that someone experienced should check it with required temporary privileges..
(2011-08-01, 01:57 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]However when I click on username (the same username or any of them) again in Users then look at their Profile tab the Username field on Profile tab is again reverted to my username.

Ok, so the username is being updated correctly (if, of course, you change it). But if you try to edit that same user again, the Username field is automatically auto-filled with your username. Is that correct? And would you mind if I had a look?

By the way, you should update to 1.6.4.
(2011-08-01, 02:05 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-01, 01:57 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]However when I click on username (the same username or any of them) again in Users then look at their Profile tab the Username field on Profile tab is again reverted to my username.

Ok, so the username is being updated correctly (if, of course, you change it). But if you try to edit that same user again, the Username field is automatically auto-filled with your username. Is that correct?

Yes

Quote:And would you mind if I had a look?

What could you see that I haven’t described? Not that I am rejecting the idea out of hand or that I don’t appreciate the help.

Quote:By the way, you should update to 1.6.4.

Would that fix this problem?

I had planned to update but at this point I worry it might only make diagnosis difficult or impossible if problem persists after update. Also I have never done an update and would prefer to wait until after this issue is fixed and I have a properly working forum.

I have a test site that has this exact same issue.

Possibly you could join and I could make you an admin with limited privileges (is that even possible) that way I don’t have to worry about my members privacy at main forum.
Ok, can you PM me an admin account at that test forum? Be sure to create a couple of users first so I can edit them.
Pages: 1 2