MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning to All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Only just upgraded as I hadn't had time to upgrade this week.
As an update,
Watch out for board registrations too. They keep trying to register to find exploits when they are logged in.
It was me. [Image: ninja.gif]

And I would do it again mwahahahahahahaha.

Don't worry I jest. Wink
If I ran MyBB I would set up a cron job to back up every hour if my forum was active.
Sounds like a good idea to me. But I'm not too savvy with cron jobs.
You would also need a lot of space if you were to do that with a large database. Unless you deleted old ones every time a new one was made.
I wonder who is going on this hacking spree. My guess is that the Vbulletin team feel threatened by our presence and feel that Vbulletin sales could fluctuate due to people turning to MyBB due to it being so damn good, I bet they have sent a load of people to attack us.....We should have a raid of our own on every Vbulletin we can find. Cool

We've narrowed it down already, see the "MyBB HACKED" thread.

As far as the Cron Jobs go, I should think it would be possible to overwrite the old one?

But once I've bought my Windows Server, I'll be getting a 2TB storage unit to store my backups on.
You could have a cron overwrite a previous backup, but then if a clean backup were to be overwritten with a hacked one you would be buggered. Best off having one cron backup the database and another to delete two week old backups.

2 terra bytes! Blimy.
Yeah, it's a Lacie. We've got 9 or 10 at work for backup storage as well.

I'll have a go at the cron.
Pages: 1 2