MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Learning how to code the navigation bar.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm learning how to code mybb theme, i'm not the best coder and I don't have much experience but is never late to learn Angel

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5524/navi2.png

the above image is the navigation from google, how would I go to make a navigation like it, what css would I have to edit and what templates???

Of course I will use my own style, not the google style.
CSS = Global.css
Template = header
So basically you want to code a design but you don't know how? Do you know any HTML/CSS at all? If that's not the case we would be doing most of the work for you. Basically, you just need to create a new theme in your Admin CP and edit it. For the navigation, you'd edit the header template. The default navigation CSS classes might not be appropriate for your design, so you'd have to create new classes. Smile
You need to check the header_welcomeblock_user/guest templates too,
it's a drop down menu.
basically you need to code <ul>'s and <li>'s into the header template. and using position, make the drop down menu go off the screen, but when you hover, it's position becomes below the parent.

Hard to explain, considering you've never coded before.
^ I thing gogle uses a javascript dropdown menu ot just a simple <ul> one.
thanks for the help guys, i'm going to practice my coding skills then develop a theme.
(2011-07-31, 08:06 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]^ I thing gogle uses a javascript dropdown menu ot just a simple <ul> one.

Yes, but dropdown can be use without javascript Smile
(2011-08-01, 09:54 AM)zZJoennZz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-31, 08:06 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]^ I thing gogle uses a javascript dropdown menu ot just a simple <ul> one.

Yes, but dropdown can be use without javascript Smile

Yeah! CSS dropdown menus are more than enough to do what he want's. Smile