MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs SMF speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know which is lighter, I don't care about the features I just need a lightweight, fast forum. I know is My bb community and expect there to be a possible biased result but here we go anyways Big Grin

MyBB can run multimillion post forums and run them at a good speed. As you said though, you're probably not going to get any vites for SMF here so expect to just get told to use MyBB... Smile
Can someone post the link of the test board that had around 10 million posts and tons of forums?
(2011-07-31, 07:15 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone post the link of the test board that had around 10 million posts and tons of forums?

HF.net ??
When I picked up MyBB, I also looked at SMF and didn't use it mainly due to its look & feel. The usability is one of MyBB's major strong points and the main reason I picked it and not something else.

@pyridine, if you're talking about my sandbox test forum, with randomly generated content, it's not up anymore. I had to put the VM it was on to some other use, sorry.
(2011-07-31, 07:29 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-31, 07:15 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone post the link of the test board that had around 10 million posts and tons of forums?

HF.net ??

hackforums.net because I don't believe OP knows what HF.net is.

Not sure about benchmarks with SMF because really it's going to depend on what features you have enabled/disabled.

I will say the largest SMF forum that I'm aware of has less than 9 millions posts. HF does 30-35k posts per day and has a total of about 12 million right now. MyBB performance is pretty good actually.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any direct benchmarks.
(2011-07-31, 07:45 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]@pyridine, if you're talking about my sandbox test forum, with randomly generated content, it's not up anymore. I had to put the VM it was on to some other use, sorry.
This was what I was talking about, oh well. It was a good example while it lasted.