MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB HACKED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
nakile Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:nakile, all they've changed in your case is the board name.

To fix it, log in to the Admin CP, click Change under Board Settings and then edit the General Settings - change your forum name back to the default.
But the admin CP doesn't work. :p

Why not? You can login to the admin CP directly, and then click on what you need on the left.
DennisTT Wrote:
nakile Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:nakile, all they've changed in your case is the board name.

To fix it, log in to the Admin CP, click Change under Board Settings and then edit the General Settings - change your forum name back to the default.
But the admin CP doesn't work. :p

Why not? You can login to the admin CP directly, and then click on what you need on the left.
I try that, but look what I get:

[Image: hacked6sw.png]

That should be the main admin page. Every other admin page is like that too!

I'm sure there is a SQL query to fix the board name thing...
Ah you can download your inc/settings.php, open your inc/settings.php and change it there. It should be the variable:
$settings['bbname'] = "Your Board Name";
After, upload it back to your server, and see if you can get anywhere in the Admin CP.
It worked! Big Grin

Thanks for your help.
Oh, he did it again. And I just upgraded to 1.1.5.

Anyway, I changed it again and CHMOD the setting file to 444. I don't think anything should happen now.
Make sure you remove his administrator account. He probably has the Administrator usergroup in his secondary usergroups.
No, that can't be. I deleted his account 100%.

Anyway. I think it was on my side. Nothing wrong now.
corky Wrote:Hey Chris, Dennis, or Kodaks,

Is it OK that I still have "guest can post" allowed on my V 1.1.5?

I really would like to allow guest to post (unless I start to get spammed). It's a NEW board so I need all the posting help I can get, so I have allowed guest to "post and read", but that's all.

There's no problem with that.
nakile Wrote:Oh, he did it again. And I just upgraded to 1.1.5.

Anyway, I changed it again and CHMOD the setting file to 444. I don't think anything should happen now.
I doubt they did - unless you'd left something behind.

Everything is patched in 1.1.5.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8