MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade and Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded for some reason the css was pulling from cache/theme1 rather than cache/theme4 - which is/was my theme's ID...

I always keep my cache/theme directory from my old install... is that advisable

Now I can't seem to figure out why its done this - Its never switched before... is that some thing to do with the template upgrades?

Also it looks like all there are a few versions of the upgrade document. There is the wiki, which I tend to use - but the one in the download zip, which is using old data.
your forum URL please..
reborndolls.com.au
" I always keep my cache/theme directory from my old install " <-- this appears to be the cause for the issue
however I do not see much difference between theme1/global.css & theme4/global.css - am I missing something ??
No - I copied theme4/global.css to theme1 to fix it Smile

So what are you supposed to do with the theme then?

How do I upgrade and keep my theme settings?

(2011-08-01, 08:17 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]" I always keep my cache/theme directory from my old install " <-- this appears to be the cause for the issue
however I do not see much difference between theme1/global.css & theme4/global.css - am I missing something ??

^ just keep a copy of your theme AND use it if required .. AND lets wait for experts' guidance Smile
The theme won't be touched by the upgrade, the cached CSS will stay there, it doesn't get deleted.
So it is just a upload everything and run the updater as it says in the wiki?

I'm sorry, I get confused when I read the upgrade document in the download package and also it has changed from the past Smile
Yes, upload everything and run the upgrader.
Thanks Matt