MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User registration and Who's Online is completely messed up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got information from 2 of my friends that a many people they referred cannot register accounts.

This is the error message they receive:
Quote:We cannot process your registration because there has already been 2 new registration(s) from your ip address in the past 24 hours.
No, they have never registered an account before.

Also, the who's online always shows only a single stat.
"1 user active in the past 15 minutes (1 member, 0 of whom are invisible, and 0 guests)."
Logged in username

I'm also having the same problem with one of my other forums powered by MyBB.

Did we just get hacked? I have no clue.
Help is always appreciated.
the registration issue should be from a plugin !
AND if who's online is incorrect that could be due to a problem with your webhost !!
I haven't installed any plugins within over a month.
Infact, no changes were made.
^ for the registration issue, there are a couple of related settings in the Board Settings
Time Between Registrations AND Maximum Registrations Per IP Address

I assume that you have 24 for Time Between Registrations AND 1 for the later
change the second setting to 2 OR 3
(2011-08-01, 03:29 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ for the registration issue, there are a couple of related settings in the Board Settings
Time Between Registrations AND Maximum Registrations Per IP Address

I assume that you have 24 for Time Between Registrations AND 1 for the later
change the second setting to 2 OR 3
As I told you, this is an abnormal issue.
None of the users that are trying to register have previously registered before.

^ just to confirm : have you checked the ip addresses of recent registrations ..
AND have you checked the registration process - is it working OR giving same error ..
(2011-08-01, 03:55 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ just to confirm : have you checked the ip addresses of recent registrations ..
AND have you checked the registration process - is it working OR giving same error ..

Of course I've confirmed it.
And It's giving the same error.