MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make mybb match vbulletin default urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm contemplating buying a vbulletin 3.8.6 forum and converting it to mybb. Is it possible / easy to make the new mybb urls match the default vbulletin ones?

I'd hate to have the 10,000 indexed pages all point to 404s.
It can easily be done with .htaccess, which will tell search engines to follow the new URL.
Is there a tutorial somewhere? I read through the merge system docs and did a forum search but didn't see anything.
are forum, thread and post ids the between the vb and mybb forums? i am not sure how vb stores the data and if merge system has to modify anything.

if all the same, the htaccess is the way to go. post up the vb and mybb urls you want to redirect.

include category, forums, threads, posts, users, etc. and someone should be able to write the rules for you, if you cant find them via google
I think the merge system changes the IDs, so you'd need a table that holds the vbulletin id <=> mybb id relation and a piece of PHP code that does the redirect. I think there was a post in that direction already some time ago, might've been for phpbb, but could be adapted to vb I guess.

old topic was here http://community.mybb.com/thread-82995.html

I'm not sure if there is anything better / more up to date
Its on the "TODO" list, but kinda a ways down yet.

First: Get existing as stable as possible
Second: Get the 3 new modules put in
Third: XenForo gets put in & possibly the redirection for some boards.