MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Hacked AGAIN! This time 1.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, WTH!

localhost Wrote:WTF,

All the forums are gone... where are they????!!?!! They are not deleted, just hidden Toungue so nothing is gone, it is just annoying.

I would like the world to know 3 things:

1. this hack took me 5 minutes (3 min because the proxy died)
2. I am not a real hacker, I am just a scriptkiddie
3. I don't see the point of destroying anything, just to have fun

So, admin, fix ur **** and upgrade ur ****...

I wanna do greetings to: Xenocide / gumpy / Fenner and all the others (like BioHax0r) Toungue

Have fun Smile

He also took me off of the Administrator list. On top of that, due to a error with the DNS settings, my email is down, so while he MIGHT have sent the admin username and password to me, I dont have access to it. How do I get my forum back? EDIT: It seems I am still in the "Administrators" group, or at least display group, but I'm not able to access Admin CP

I will add that this is after I updated the board to 1.14 from 1.12. The previous hack (earlier today) was done when I was still at 1.12.
z6joker9 Wrote:I will add that this is after I updated the board to 1.14 from 1.12. The previous hack (earlier today) was done when I was still at 1.12.
Aw crap. Not again.
Please PM or email Chris or DennisTT with your access logs and as much information as you can give them.

This will help us a great deal.
I changed my usergroup in phpmyadmin and can now access my Admin CP. However, I don't see how he changed the permissions to make my forum hidden. All of the permissions looks correct. Where else could he hide the forums?
Perhaps you left his admin account there, or he knows one of your admin's passwords? If you could provide me or another staff member with your access logs we will investigate further.

He has probably set the "Forum Is Active" setting to No.
Hid what exactly? The entire message board or just specific forums?
Thanks, Dennis was correct. Categories were set as unactive.

I can provide you with access logs, I think, but kodaks will have to help me get them again.
z6joker9 Wrote:Thanks, Dennis was correct. Categories were set as unactive.

I can provide you with access logs, I think, but kodaks will have to help me get them again.
I'd be glad to help you, PM me if you haven't found them yet.
I've been e-mailed by one who actually registered on my board:

whip hacker Wrote:<[email protected]> to me 12:10 pm (2 hours ago)
Liam,

i registered your web site.I can hack your web site.But i didnt hack it.Please delete my account.I giving to you one hour.delete or hack Smile

**** usa,israel,system of a down...

Peace at Turkey

Turkish Hacker Whip

So what do we do, hide the fact we're using myBB all together?
Protoman Wrote:I've been e-mailed by one who actually registered on my board:

whip hacker Wrote:<[email protected]> to me 12:10 pm (2 hours ago)
Liam,

i registered your web site.I can hack your web site.But i didnt hack it.Please delete my account.I giving to you one hour.delete or hack Smile

**** usa,israel,system of a down...

Peace at Turkey

Turkish Hacker Whip

So what do we do, hide the fact we're using myBB all together?

Who said that? And at which forum?

No need to hide, just update like I did, and say 1.1.4 hacker proof. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3