MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am starting a new forum software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well a few months back I made a pretty bad attempt at a forum software,
http://imaginarybb.clanteam.com/forums/
I have made various attempts but I am sick of going at it on my own.

I am in need of a team 5-10 people, that can either design, code, or help maintain a support forum as well as advertise.

Anyone interested in helping?
why would you ask for help, on the MyBB, to make a competing software? good luck with that one
It's a bit funny how you post this on a forum software site as people will be against you and will favor the already made software more.

I would suggest you post this on admin/webmaster forums instead so you get a bit more thought inside your topic.
That isn't even your first attempt, you keep trying to "Develop" forum software on top of starting all kinds of forums.

You don't have the skill or proper time yourself to lead such a project.
It'd be a waste of time to anyone that joins you.
Why are you creating one? Just to learn or are you doing something different? I mean don't make something just to make it...
If for the sake of learning, the better way to start is to develop MyBB Plugins.
So, summarizing the replies above me, you're advertising the fact that you tried to make a forum script yourself, you're advertising this ON A COMPETING FORUM SOFTWARE'S FORUM, and you're advertising the fact that you're completely incapable of making one yourself, but for some reason still think you'd be a good leader for the project.

Who would ever want to join you?

And as constructive criticism: what would you bring to the table that NO OTHER forum software does today?
I never said I was incapable of making one myself, I said it would be easier with help.

1. I doubt any of you guys can either code or design, so I have no need for your replies.
2. Why would the developers of MyBB care if a small project like mine was started, I never plan on being able to compete with MyBB, but I rather offer up a light weight alternative to server heavy softwares like MyBB, vB, IPB, and XenForo.
3. Thank you for feedback, but most of it is un-needed in this topic.
Since when was MyBB server-heavy? O.o
(2011-08-02, 04:51 AM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]1. I doubt any of you guys can either code or design, so I have no need for your replies.

Connor, I have the same doubt for you as well.

Pages: 1 2