MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this a bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have already "set avatar to automatically resize when it is too large",
but it still says:
Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 100x100 (width x height)

Your avatar was unable to be resized so that it is within the required dimensions.

I am uploading a 200*300 JPG pic. It is about 12KB.

Is this a bug?
In this case the size of the picture is too large as in the capacity, not the dimensions. :-)

So to answer your question, the answer is no. You can go into the AdminCP and change the upload capacity of avatars. Go check it out. Toungue
(2011-08-02, 05:38 AM)Knerba Wrote: [ -> ]In this case the size of the picture is too large as in the capacity, not the dimensions. :-)

So to answer your question, the answer is no. You can go into the AdminCP and change the upload capacity of avatars. Go check it out. Toungue

What do you mean?
Capacity?Dimension?Whats the difference?
Capacity is how many KB or MB a picture is and Dimension is the actual pixel size. Eg: 100x100
(2011-08-02, 06:03 AM)Knerba Wrote: [ -> ]Capacity is how many KB or MG a picture is and Dimension is the actual pixel size. Eg: 100x100

hmmmm. I am the Admin
I set the Capacity as 60KB
and I am only trying to upload an JPG image of 12KB
How come this error?
An avatar is a small identifying image shown under the author's name whenever they make a post.
The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 100x100 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 60 KB. 
The "If your avatar is too large, it will automatically be resized." function never works!

The function is supposed to resize a 200*300 image into some dimension less than 100*100, but it never works!

I tried in several forums. All give me the same error.
Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 100x100 (width x height)
What about the file size limit? Is that set too small?

It might be resizing, and not allowing the upload due to the size.

Either way, auto-resizing generally turns out ugly anyway.

I rather users manually re-size.
(2011-08-02, 06:35 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]What about the file size limit? Is that set too small?

It might be resizing, and not allowing the upload due to the size.

Either way, auto-resizing generally turns out ugly anyway.

I rather users manually re-size.

My image is only 12KB
and I set the size limit as 60KB

This is definitely a BUG!!!

Anyone else have the same problem?
12KB for a 200x300 image?
That's rather hard to believe...
I think it's a good idea to automatically resize pictures (for example not bigger than 3MB) to small ones.
Pages: 1 2