MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please explain me how pruning works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=23619]

I marked with the squares groups with different options. I've done this correctly? These groups works independently of each other? And all marked as one group works as one thing?

Quote:Days registered before pruning unactivated users
Set to prune users whom have been unactived for atleast the given amount of days.

What's that mean?
Unactivated - is group of users who not activated their account? Or it's users who activated their account but just not visited forum for given amount of days?
Quote:Days registered before pruning unactivated users
Set to prune users whom have been unactived for atleast the given amount of days.
it should be registered BUT not activated in the past given number of days ..

the wording is confusing !!
see also User Pruning ... filter options & Auto Prune too broad spectrum
(2011-08-02, 06:43 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]it should be registered BUT not activated in the past given number of days..

You mean "Awaiting activation group"?
^ yes ...
[Image: 1410ecd4418f.jpg]

(green is ON)

Users who registered and activated their account via email and have 0 (less than 1 = 0) posts automatically deleted after 30 days.

AND:

Users who registered and not activated their account deleted after 3 days.

I understand it correctly?
^ please put 0 for the post count in the first setting

AND second setting is not forever - if you put 3 there then the system
might prune the users who registered & not activated in the past 3 days

There is a confusion in the wording ; hence added reference to the other threads ..
(2011-08-02, 07:44 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]AND second setting is not forever - if you put 3 there then the system
might prune the users who registered & not activated in the past 3 days

But that's what I want. I have many unactivated accounts (maybe spambots) on my forum. So I want to give to user 3 days after registration to activate his account via email or delete account. (For example the user submited wrong email or changed his mind)
^ my earlier response appears to be incorrect Smile
AND your purpose can be achieved by above pruning setting (reference)
ranjani thnx for your explanations, and +rep to you! [Image: b07.gif]