MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Real friends online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a question.Is it possible or is it a good thing to form good friendships online?I mean for example you might join a forum and become fond of someone because they share your interest and such, or should it be something like 'I know you from your user name and your interest, we might have a lot in common but that's as far as it goes'. Could you become good friends with persons from on forums and so on without actually knowing them face to face?

your thoughts pleaseSmile
I'm going to say yes. I talk to Mark for example somewhat regularly Toungue.

Hell people have built relationships on the internet and eventually get married after meeting in real life...
(2011-08-02, 09:37 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to say yes. I talk to Mark for example somewhat regularly Toungue.

Hell people have built relationships on the internet and eventually get married after meeting in real life...

nice
I've become good friends with very many online people. So go for it! Big Grin Just because they're on a forum does not mean you can't be friends with them. I'm friends with lots of my forum members.
(2011-08-02, 09:37 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hell people have built relationships on the internet and eventually get married after meeting in real life...

100% True.

thankx nice repliesBig Grin
Forums are much better than Social Networks in finding new friends of similar ideas.
yeah some time happens...but nobody here likes trolls...

* Glas goes to sit in a dark and cold corner...
Yes i do. There are some very good people, one day I intend to meet, if i'm ever in town. :p.

I remember reading an intro of a member (I won't say for their privacy, as i only know since i stumbled on their site Wink He married his penpal. Forums are sort've like pen pals.

And to any of you thinking your getting lucky with me, sorry. Too far xD
I met this guy on Steam a long time ago and we're best buddies now. We even call each-other irl.
Pages: 1 2