MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have MyBB 1.6.0 installed and I found this... well i think it's 2 bugs.

1. If I set Registration Method to "Send email verification" then everyhing is ok: untill users activate their account via email they are placed in "Awaiting activation group". But when you complete registration and page with message about thanx for registration and email activation appears... if you refresh (F5) that page - you'll be automatically logged to forum as registered user (despite you even not activated).

2. If I select "Send random password" in Registration Method then after registration new users automatically placed in "Registered Group" (not to "Awaiting activation group") even if they doesn't activate their accounts via email and never logged to forum after registration!

P.S. Sorry for my english.
For the first issue, when the user is in Awaiting activation group, it is still considered as a registed, but the user does not have full privileges, it's not a bug. For your case, try to check permissions for the Awaiting activation group and disallow them.

As for the second issue, when the random password is sent to an e-mail, you do not need verify user's e-mail because if they were able to login, it means they got the e-mail, therefor it is there e-mail that they used when they setup the account. In other words, the e-mail activation is to prevent users from entering e-mails that are not there's, this should not require if the password is being sent to the e-mail.
Please tell me if you don't get the second part, it is confusing though, lol.