MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I followed the directions to upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 but it seems the upgrader is stuck @ "Data Cache Building" and refuses to move on from this. Any ideas what I can do?

Cheers
Make sure you uploaded all the files and run the upgrade script again.
Aye, I've covered all the basics already. Still is sticking at "Data Cache Building" and won't progress any further than that. MyBB Version Check says I'm still @ 1.6.3 as well. Not sure what could be the cause, or the fix.
What's your MySQL version? (if using MySQL)
Are you sure you uploaded all files of the MyBB 1.6.4 package?
I downloaded http://www.mybb.com/download/148 and uploaded every folder/file to my webserver. MySQL version:

mysql> show variables like "%version%";
+-------------------------+---------------------+
| Variable_name           | Value               |
| protocol_version        | 10                  |
| version                 | 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10 |
| version_comment         | (Ubuntu)            |
| version_compile_machine | i486                |
| version_compile_os      | debian-linux-gnu    |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
That's not the right package, you need the full package of 1.6.4.
Oh? wouldn't the full package basically obliterate any template edits I've done to my forums? I spent over a year working on that and would hate to have it rendered broken Sad I thought when going from one version to the next the changed files was sufficient (at least it has been that way for me up until now)
No, it wouldn't. Your templates (which are stored in the database, not in files), plugins, members, posts, threads, etc. will all be fine. It's just an upgrade.
Awesome, I'll give that a try then. Thanks both of you Smile
Pages: 1 2