MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Upload Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone on my forum can't upload avatars. I made sure the images are what the dimensions are and does not go over the limit. Any help? :\
What happens when they try to upload the avatar?
This comes up:

[attachment=23645]

Even though everything that it says is wrong is correct :\
CHMOD ./uploads and ./uploads/avatars to 777
(2011-08-03, 06:37 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]CHMOD ./uploads and ./uploads/avatars to 777

This is exactly what I need to do, but I cannot find the files ./uploads & ./uploads/avatars in order to do it. I went into file manager and looked in every directory and sub directory and every folder I could find. Where can I find those files?
(2011-11-05, 10:51 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-03, 06:37 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]CHMOD ./uploads and ./uploads/avatars to 777

This is exactly what I need to do, but I cannot find the files ./uploads & ./uploads/avatars in order to do it. I went into file manager and looked in every directory and sub directory and every folder I could find. Where can I find those files?

Go to: CPanel > File Manager > public_html > Your forum's folder (where your forum is installed) > then go to uploads folder.
(2011-11-06, 07:07 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-05, 10:51 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]

Go to: CPanel > File Manager > public_html > Your forum's folder (where your forum is installed) > then go to uploads folder.

Thanks Yaldaram. I started my own thread about this and frank.barry figured out that some of the files didn't upload to the server. I was able to create a db in mysql at my host server, download mybb to my desktop, and downloaded filezilla, but I'm not having any success making them all work together.

So yesterday a tech at my host (hawkhost - great so far) offered to load mybb for me and so he did. But evidnetly not all the files loaded so I've been advised to re-upload it with overwrite; so I tried that last night and filezilla kept telling me 9 files failed. Same ones kept failing.

So I guess I'll delete the DB's I created and start from scratch. The forum doesn't have any members yet since I was just learning how to set it up through the cp. What I need is someone who takes paypal and would do a phone consult with me. The support ticket process with HH is pretty fast as far as tickets go, and I am getting really great responses here, but still this is a slow & tedious learning process this way.

I'm close to being able to do this stuff but I'm missing a few key pieces that I think are going to take days if not weeks at the rate I'm having to scratch around and figure it out. I've watched all the tutorials here and YT and they all leave out the same simple info that I guess everyone making the vids takes for granted. So if you know anyone who does phone consults please let me know.

Thanks for your reply.