MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
it freezes at this point
Data Cache Building
Thank you
Download the latest 1.6.4 package, re-upload all the files and overwrite the existing ones.
Can you please print the screen what error it shows ?
Edit : not seen above responses Smile

make sure that you have uploaded all the files from the 1.6.4 package overwriting earlier files ..
( just keep a backup copy of inc/settings.php file if required ) AND this issue & similar issues
have been answered recently at many threads on this community !! could you search please ..
I did re upload all the files (two dirs) before posting here.
No error msg is displayed, just Data Cache Building frame without the Next button
Thanks
The new files have not overwritten the old ones. There's a lot more than just two dirs, if that's all you're uploading, then you're not uploading what you should be uploading. Download the full package from http://www.mybb.com/downloads and upload everything so it overwrites the current files.
Hi,
I was upgrading following instructions from myBB admin page.
MyBB 1.6.4 Update
Extracted data from zip was a folder named changed_files_1604 (with /install and /inc)
That content is what I uploaded
Your link seems to install a complete installation. So what do I have to upload?
Thank you
^ you have to upload the latest ; it has a upload folder with many subfolders & files ;
upload the contents of Upload folder directly to myBB installation folder overwriting all subfolders & files
AND then run ./install/upgrade.php file
It specifically says in bold red text on that blog post that you only need that package if you upgraded before the date that post was made, and links to the post you need if you have not upgraded yet. You have to upload what I said to upload in my previous post.