MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System and SMF2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So... I want to move to MyBB from SMF2. Unfortunately, when trying to do so, I keep hitting "1366 - Incorrect integer value" errors.

To start with, I'm using MySQL 5.5.15. My SMF is 2.0 (Gold). MyBB is loaded on the same server.

I completed the Database Configuration then ran the Usergroups. This was when I hit the first error which related to a group I made. The script was trying to write to the column "cansearch", but the value passed to it was empty. This group had that choice denied. I deleted the group (which was empty anyway) to move on.

Now at Users, I'm hitting the same wall. The query is hanging on "lastpost". Again, the field value is empty. SMF does have a corresponding value in it's member table called "id_msg_last_visit" which is a 'int(10) unsigned' type. I thought that the types might be the issue, so I changed the type in SMF to match MyBB's, but nope.

So is this a join issue, old scripting for the merge system, or something else altogther? And does anyone have a suggestion I can take to move data over? I was thinking of trying a SMF to phpBB, but they are still in the SMF1.1.1 days.
please see earlier topics on similar issue until an expert responds with precise suggestions ...
I merged from smf2 rc3 with out issues, but maybe something changed since rc3 and gold but not sure, are you using the latest versions mybb 1.6.4 and merge 1.6.1.
Yep, newest everything. I'm very picky about that sorta thing.
Think we may have to wait for dylan on this one
Another one? Ugh.

Please PM me with database access details for the smf database, and a user ID # for a user this is happening with. I'll look at your database and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Thanks.
Oh, it gets better and I'm fairly sure I'm going to toss this whole code out of my server and stay at SMF... >Sad

The DB is locked behind a firewall, but I'll punch a few holes for ya.

I managed to import my SMF install to phpBB3 (that was a 7 hour treat), and now I want to import from phpBB to MyBB. Hitting up users: "1406 - Data too long for column 'timeformat' at row 1". It looks like MyBB splits up date and time while phpBB combine them. I increased the timeformat field's size. Column "Salt" had the same problem.

Threads: "1264 - Out of range value for column 'firstpost' at row 1". Somehow the code put in a "-" before the firstpost value. So I looked at the conversion script... why would anyone multiply the ID value by -1?

And now I'm stuck at "1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'poll' at row 1". The value being pulled is empty, and even letting the new field be null doesn't fix it.
I forgot to mention, with MySQL 5.5.x, the functions.php needs to use "ENGINE=MyISAM" instead of "TYPE=MyISAM" on line 271. Otherwise you get "1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6" during the Database Configuration.

The PM has been sent, good luck.
(2011-08-04, 05:47 AM)Talei Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, it gets better and I'm fairly sure I'm going to toss this whole code out of my server and stay at SMF... >Sad

The DB is locked behind a firewall, but I'll punch a few holes for ya.

I managed to import my SMF install to phpBB3 (that was a 7 hour treat), and now I want to import from phpBB to MyBB. Hitting up users: "1406 - Data too long for column 'timeformat' at row 1". It looks like MyBB splits up date and time while phpBB combine them. I increased the timeformat field's size. Column "Salt" had the same problem.

Threads: "1264 - Out of range value for column 'firstpost' at row 1". Somehow the code put in a "-" before the firstpost value. So I looked at the conversion script... why would anyone multiply the ID value by -1?

And now I'm stuck at "1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'poll' at row 1". The value being pulled is empty, and even letting the new field be null doesn't fix it.
I forgot to mention, with MySQL 5.5.x, the functions.php needs to use "ENGINE=MyISAM" instead of "TYPE=MyISAM" on line 271. Otherwise you get "1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6" during the Database Configuration.

The PM has been sent, good luck.

Some of these issues have already been addressed, you can check what has been fixed for the next version of the merge system here:
http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb-import...uery_id=52

The TYPE vs. ENGINE has been fixed, there is a new import_salt field, and are you referring to our merge system multiplying it by -1?
During the import from phpBB3 to MyBB, once the system hits Threads, by default the script multiplies the firstpost ID by -1 which then causes the SQL to produce an out of range error. I'm sure there is a logical reason for it, but if the 'ftopic_first_post_id' value is 973, this will make it -973 and will fail.

This is in the phpBB3 threads.php, line 86:
$insert_data['firstpost'] = ((-1) * $data['topic_first_post_id']);

I went through the merger bug log and made updates to the code as much as it'd let me. I'm still getting stuck on lastpost going from SMF2 to MyBB
Ok, I found the error for the last_post.

in merge/boards/smf2/users.php find:
	function get_last_post($uid)
	{
		$uid = intval($uid);
		$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("messages", "*", "id_member = '{$uid}'", array('order_by' => 'poster_time', 'order_dir' => 'ASC', 'limit' => 1));
		$result = $this->old_db->fetch_array($query);
		$this->old_db->free_result($query);

return $results;
	}

And you'll see the return is $results, but it shoud be $result. Fix that and your issue with going direct from SMF should be resolved.
Pages: 1 2 3