MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal.php - "portal_announcement" Modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I haven't a great experience with mybb core files, but I would like to do a very simple modification to portal.php...

All I need is to add a simple variable in the template "portal_announcement", and this variable is {$announcement['fid']}, the ID of the forum where the announcement thread is...
(For example if the news comes from this forum it should return only "68" without quotes)

Currently already exist "{$announcement['tid']}", but I need the FID to do a simple and nice modification. Anyone could help me?

Thankyou so much.
I guess, you should be able to add it in the portal template .. let me check OR lets wait for experts' response Smile
You're perfectly right... Before I done something wrong because I put in "{$announcement['fid']}" and it return exactly the forum FID.... Sorry for creating an unuseful topic Sad
Does exixt a list with all the variables we can use in templates?
^ such list may not be available - just initial guidance is there at the wiki #variables!!

see also an old related topic here : MyBB variables List - Question