MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification method for 'Administrator Activation'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there

Apologies if this is a simple question but I've checked with the wiki and couldn't find an answer to my query there

I've set up some MyBB forums for the first time and set the registration method to 'Administrator Activation', in order to control new users to the boards. However, I was wondering how this method actually notifies the administrator that there is a new user requesting approval, beyond actually physically going and checking for new pending applications in the admin section. I do not seem to have received any email via the 'admin' email address and there is no PM.

Thanks for any tips.

Dave
Welcome to MyBB Dave!

To list the users that currently need activation by you, login to your AdminCP and under "Welcome to the myBulletinBoard Administration Control Panel" find the part that says "Users awaiting activation:". By clicking on the number next to it, a list will appear of all the users who are not yet activated.

I hope this helps, and have a great day!
In short: There's no email notification for administrators at the moment, you'd need a modification to do that. Sorry.
There's a plugin for that purpose: http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=177
Many thanks you guys, much appreciated, that clarifies it all nicely.

I've also downloaded the plug-in now and activated it on the forum, just what I needed !

Thanks again Smile