MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a "n00b" usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to limit new registrations on my site. No signatures, no links, no bio, etc for the first 5 or 10 posts. All posts will be moderated within this usergroup.
I've already created a "n00b" usergroup, but how do I make new reg's default to that group? I think I've done the promotion part right but I'd like to hear how others would accomplish this so I can make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks!
The easiest way is to edit the default Registered group to become the n00b group and then have a promotion to a new group with full permissions. Otherwise you'll need to make some core file edits.
AJS, can you run me through how I can convert all registered members to a new usergroup then add an automatic promotion to go from New Member to Registered Member?
group promotions => if user has <0 post, set to new group "noob group"
or
edit user group "registered"= > change name => noob group
How do I change almost 8,000 members from GID == X to GID == Y
Why don't you try going to PhpMyAdmin >> mybb_usergroups and changing GID "2" of member group to "X" of n00b group, and "X" of n00b group to "2" of member group in mybb_usergroups?
can i just use a mysql command to change them?
Another suggestion to josh0322 for changing 8,000 members' GID,

I'm not sure, but you can try the following code in PhpMyAdmin:

Don't forget to backup your database. I didn't try, but I think it might help you.

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = REPLACE (usergroup,'2', 'X')

Write your new usergroup's GID number instead of X.
Thanks Firefox, that worked! Is there a way I can make all new posts by users in n00b group be moderated first?
You are welcome, josh0322. Happy to hear it. That's great!

I think there is not a feature to make all new posts by a usergroup to be moderated, but there are several plugins for doing this. I recommend that you can download and install the plugin "Required Approvals".
This plugin causes new users posts to require approval until a specified amount of the user's posts have been approved. Its default setting is 1 post, but you can change it to 40-50 posts. And I think you can also change from its settings in what forums plugin will be active.

Download it from here: http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals
Pages: 1 2