MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Advanced Quick Reply' built in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think there should be an advanced quick reply built into the quick reply per default. And there be a couple of settings in the Admin CP to allow MyCode and Smilies if they wish. If they do not use the two options then the basic quick reply is used instead.
If it has all features of a normal reply it's not really quick now is it...
Well yes it is. Because you do not need to access the posting page for replying to topics.
So why even have a normal reply if everything can be done with a quick reply. And, if you need to format a post it's probably not that short thus it's not quick...
That kind of takes the quick out of quick reply....
I don't think it takes the quick out of quick reply at all. I just tested the advanced quick reply on fluffybunny's site, and it is just as fast as regular quick reply. Maybe a checkbox for advanced quick reply would suffice.
(2011-08-06, 05:55 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]That kind of takes the quick out of quick reply....

Nah, FB refers to the plugin, which adds all the smilies and the full editor in the Quick Reply section instead of a Quick Reply. I'm fine either way, myself.
I find my suggestion about the checkbox would work. That way if admins do not want the smilies and MyCode they either select or don't select it and it reverts back to the original.
No. Quick Reply should be just that - for quick replies. If you need to format a post, you can use regular reply or type out the BBCode.

There was almost a mutiny over at phpBB because the developers stuck by their principle that quick reply should just be textbox. I agree. Advanced Quick Reply is best suited as a plugin for administrators that want to deviate.