MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail - Some get blank mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I send a mass mail on my board some people just get a blank email. Is there a way to fix this or is anyone else having the problem? Does anyone know if it's going to be worked on in a new MyBB version or doesn't anyone even know about the error? May be my host or the amount of people I mass but it could be a MyBB problem too.
which mybb version you are using ...?

i often used to send emails using admin cp ... but i dont felt such problem till now... am using latest mybb
I don't understand you...

For example one of my users posted a topic about their problem here: http://chatsource.net/showthread.php?tid=383

It seems to be an ongoing issue for my users.
Is it always the same users that get the blank emails or is it random users?

If its the same users it is possible that something is happening to the email enroute either at your host or their email server. The best way to troubleshoot this is if you have access to your server's logs and can trace the blank emails in the server's sendmail logs to see whats happening to them.
Checked the errors and nothing happening there. A few other people have reported that they're having the same problems in the link I posted in the second reply.
I had asked you...

(2011-08-06, 09:04 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Is it always the same users that get the blank emails or is it random users?

Oh not sure but it seems the problem has been fixed as people who were not getting our emails have now been getting them with the text included.
ACP --> tool & maintenance->> Mass Mail click "clock" (run this task now) automaticatic easy!

Nah did not know that even though it's what I'm doing...
I had the same problem and it was *not* always the same users but rather random, even for some recipients on the same mail host.
Pages: 1 2