MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin can not login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well crazy situation here.. in my forum, I have logged into admin before, no problem, and everything worked great.. well now I passed it onto the guy who is going to be using it and he says he can't log in as admin. So I go and try it myself it says ok.. but then it takes you back and it says guest.. admin can not login, no error.. nothing.. I need to get this up for him ASAP..

any please help!

-matt
Is the cookie path correct in General Configuration?
How am I to do that if I can't login as admin? It seems odd for it to work and then not.. I am new at this so I need info how how to do some things.
Have you tried logging in to the adminCP directly?

http://YOURURL/YOURFORUMS/admin/index.php

Then go to general configuration and check the cookie path is correct.
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.40 Server at forum.uhtriteam.com Port 80

So even after i try to login, this is what happens if I try to go to admin direct.
Did you set a .htaccess in the admin folder to block access?
Where and how do I find that.. since it has a . in the front it won't show up.. So if you know what to do, im also on a mac.
Have you uploaded all necessary MyBB installation files onto your server? Have you been able to access the admin panel before? Check to see if the entire directory was deleted.

If it is still there, check your database by browsing to see if your user permissions were changed. If you're not using the latest release of MyBB, your user group could've been changed due to a hacker.

If you see your user group still in admin power, reupload the admin directory.

Hope that works and helps you out. Smile
Or you can try uploading all the files in the admin directory to another folder such as /admincp/ and see if that works. (If it does work, you should change the admindir setting in inc/config.php to match the new admin folder. See [wiki]inc/config.php[/wiki])_