MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Excerpts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DETAILS:
Name: Post Excerpts
Description: A fully-featured plugin which creates excerpts of all posts.
Author: Fábio Maia
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x

PREVIEWS:
[attachment=23659][attachment=23658]

INSTALLING:
1. Upload the /inc/ folder to the root of your MyBB installation.
2. Go to your Admin Control Panel.
3. Go to the Configuration tab.
4. Go to the Plugins menu.
5. Activate the Post Excerpts plugin.

DONATIONS:
My plugins are developed on my free time and released as free open-source software! If you find my plugin useful and want to make a donation, it is greatly appreciated because donations allow me to continue working on my plugins and release them for free. Thank you!

[Image: btn_donate_LG.gif]

DOWNLOAD:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/post-excerpts
Good plugin favius, thanks.

One questions (I have not tried it), what happens if there is a mycode into the post?
MyCodes will be counted as characters/words and it might break if the character/word limit is in the middle of a MyCode.

I don't think there's an easy solution for this, but I am still looking into it. Smile
(2011-08-04, 10:41 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]MyCodes will be counted as characters/words and it might break if the character/word limit is in the middle of a MyCode.

I don't think there's an easy solution for this, but I am still looking into it. Smile

this is the same problem as announcements cut-off plugin. if its in the middle of a mycode or html (when allowed) it can break the whole layout.

without parsing the message and tracking the last valid opening mycode or html tag and then trying to find the properly nested closing tag before the cutoff and then backup to the opening tag or expanding to the outer most closing tag, its not really feasible. and it would be a resource killer
Indeed. I don't think there's anything I can do about this.

I can, however, use the strip_tags() function to strip all the HTML code. This would technically fix it, but posts wouldn't have any formatting. I guess a setting could be added to not ruin the layout, at the cost of giving up formatting for post excerpts.
thank you for this awesome plugin i install it and test it on my live board,to see how to works
now its more atractive to guest,,,
Thanks a lot
A handy plugin
(2011-08-05, 06:48 AM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]now its more atractive to guest,,,
Yes, but what about if affected groups includes other usegroup than guests?
I want to use this plugin for gusts, but also to encourage some usergroup members to be more active and to be promoted to new usergroup to read full post

Yeah, it's supposed to be for guests only, which is the default gid in the "Affected Usergroups" setting. But I just thought I'd add that setting in case someone needs to add other usergroups for whatever reason. Smile
Thank a lot faviouz for this.
Persian Users can download it from here! (Translated)

http://iriboard.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=12
(2011-08-05, 12:59 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's supposed to be for guests only,
Yes ! it comes very handy for guests
That's what I was looking for
Thanks
Pages: 1 2