MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some SEO help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that, I only tried it for 5 days.
(2011-08-14, 08:26 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]SEO takes time, lots of it. You can't just start up a forum and be huge overnight. Pay for some posting to get your content up, and maybe even some long time members. Advertise well and maybe hold a competition. If you can entice people to come in the first place, there is more chance they will register and stay around for a while Wink

Do you know any of those sites?
Allow the Google bot to crawl your site without session IDs or arguments that track their path through the site. This is something that helps to improve site ranking. One thing to be sure to avoid is employing trickery to improve your rank. Google may stop indexing your site altogether if they discover you are doing this. If your site is regularly updated, contains links to other sites, and is in turn linked back to by external sites (always check for broken links and replace or repair them) it will move up the ranks. Patience and persistence is key here.
Yep, already have that. Looks like I need patience now!
Some questions:

1. I paid Ad.fly 5 USD's to send 5000 visitors to my site. Will this increase search engine rank?

2. META Keywords, is shorter better?

3. Will Additional tags on my footer confuse Google and make my SEO even worse?
1. No, you'll get visitors though.

2. Yes, don't spam it with hundreds of unrelated keywords.

3. Define additional tags.
3. Additional topic related tags.
I still don't know what you mean by that.

If you're talking about adding heaps of rich keyword tags, then don't.
Pages: 1 2