MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ban user 123456
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WARNING: Username 123456 is a hacker. I saw him register and immediately banned him.

Do it before you get your board hacked. I don't care if the newest version is stable, just ban him to be safe.
He registered at two of my communities as well. I'd love to see MyBB be able to do a blanket ban on registrations with email addresses such as mail.ru and hackermail.com, to name a couple.
yeah, that one was the one that hacked my forum
There was 9 hacking attempts made on my server today.
none succeded since I got 1.1.4.
lrk, whip, net and colhacker.
CraKteR Wrote:There was 9 hacking attempts made on my server today.
none succeded since I got 1.1.4.
lrk, whip, net and colhacker.
I'd love to have someone attempt to hack my server...I have a rather nasty firewall. Big Grin
IMPAQ Wrote:He registered at two of my communities as well. I'd love to see MyBB be able to do a blanket ban on registrations with email addresses such as mail.ru and hackermail.com, to name a couple.

Well you can ban people from registering with certain emails in Admin CP --> Settings --> Banning Options if that's what you mean.
Can we add just ".ru" to the ban list for emails and it will any any .ru registrations?
If you add '.ru' (or might have to stick a wildcard in there so, '*.ru') to the ban list, then anyone with a '.ru' email won't be able to sign up at all!
I was told here that wildcards don't work within the ban system.
labrocca Wrote:I was told here that wildcards don't work within the ban system.
I'm not too sure, you might be right.. i'm just trying to remember now. :\
Pages: 1 2