MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, this is the second forum I've merged today. The first one went perfectly. This one almost did, except that I got a PHP error merging the PMs. Not a big deal the PMs don't really matter all that much, but now I tried to log in onto the merged forum, it won't let me! It said I logged in successfully, but then it kicked my back to the index page (not logged in). I tried again, and the same thing happened.
I think the problem is:
-On the new empty MyBB forum, before I merged, I was admin as user "shovenose" with password "something"
-On the original phpBB 3 forum I was an admin user as "shovenose" with "something1" (not going to reveal the real password obviously). So I do not if that messed it up. I decided to just reset my password. Unfortunately that password that I got in the email (random numbers and letters) did not work :-(

-The other admin (original admin of the previous phpbb forum) said it won't accept the correct password and locked her out for 15 mins!

How do I fix it?

It's this forum:
http://discussioncentral.shovehost.com/
Thanks! Please reply qiuckly!
Edit: I think we have a fix Toungue
Thats not from the merge system, thats your cookie settings being wrong Wink
I fixed it. No my cookie settings taste fine. It was from the merge system. I've fixed the problem though, by having the other person delete my account and then I reregistered. And for some reason Firefox doesn't work so I'm using Chrome and it's fine now Wink
That cannot be from the merge system, if it wasn't cookie settings it was your local cookies. And FF works just fine with MyBB, I'm using it to post this.

Since you re-registered, you'll now need to make sure your config.php file contains the proper UIDs for the super admins.
I am not arguing that Firefox has any problens with MyBB. In fact Firefox is my main browser and i visit many MyBB forums with it!
I think Firefox is just not giving up the old login credentials and not using the new ones!
I agree it was probably a local cookie issue as far as logins. But i still think the Merge system messed up because there were two users with the same username, different user ids, and differwnt passwords. Is that a possibilty?
They shouldn't have had the exact same username, one should have had stuff about merge appended to it. But it really depends on your SMF board if you had 2 users with the same name there Wink
SMF? Huh? it was phpbb3. Lol. It's all good it's working fine Wink
Thanks for the help dude...
Sorry, so many threads and all the rest are on SMF... forgot where I was atm Toungue

Meant to say "source" board anyways. hehehe.