MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [blink][/blink] tags (Works only in FF)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
QUICK WAY (Plugin)

MiNT has made this into a plugin for you to run. Simply download the ZIP file, extract and upload the PHP file to "inc/plugins". Then activate it in the AdminCP. Smile

Download Plugin

( Cheers MiNT Wink )

MANUAL WAY

Anyways, fairly simple and straight forward. Log into your Admin CP goto Themes and Edit Theme. Scroll right to the very bottom to the Additional CSS box thing and enter the following:
[Image: 11513682131.png]
.txtblink {
	text-decoration: blink;
}
Then hit the Update Theme button.

Then open up inc/functions_post.php and find the BB Codes section.
[Image: 11513682452.png]
And before the
);
of the first munch of code add this:
			"#\[blink\](.*?)\[/blink\]#si"
Then before the
);
of the second bunch of code add this:
			"<span class=\"txtblink\">$1</span>"

Save and upload, then if you have followed this correctly when you goto your forum and type a message like so: [blink]Hello, I'm blinking![/blink] it should blink.

Live Preview: Clicky Here (Remember you need FireFox to see it)

Note: Sadly this modification only works for FireFox, unless someone makes some kinda of "check what type of browser the user is viewing in and converts it to IE's code of blinking". :\ Oh well... suppose this is a reason to switch to FF. :p

Enjoy. Smile

(p.s. Sorry if this is already out and about)
is nice... i would put it, but i dont like the idea that it doesnt works on IE
There is only one way to get it to work on IE, make an javascript with timeout and show/hide an item.
anyways. source: http://www.codeproject.com/jscript/Blink...asp?df=100
A plugin could easily be made for this mod. I'm a little surprised it hasn't already been done.

Anyway, I've made one. But I must warn you this is one of the most annoying codes ever created!
http://www.01706.net/stuff/blink.zip
Cool, I've installed your plugin, thanx for sharing Mint Smile
Thanks I'm honored. The plugin has the same limitations as the modification above. It will work on Firefox and Opera. When I'm less busy I'll make it work with explorer as well. If someone else wants to add IE Compatibility then go ahead.

EDIT:
From userfriendly.org: Follows is the only legitimate use of the [blink] code
Schroedinger's Cat is [blink]NOT[/blink] dead.