MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Running two forums under one IP address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't see any reference to trying to do this despite searching the forums so I'm pleading for help here. I have one forum running well with access from the outside world okay on Port 53 (I have other services running on ports 80, 81, and 82 as well as other far away ports - it's a bit busy, this IP!). I've installed a second copy of myBB and setup a new database and this works okay if I use a local network address. However, If I alter cookies and settings regarding outside world access through port 54, I either get into problems logging into ACP (and I have to revert to editing the inc/settings.php with an editor before I can restore normality) or I cannot access from the outside world. The other forum on port 53 works fine and I've copied settings from here to no avail. I've placed the cookie domain as .11.22.33.44, the cookie path /myBB2/ and cookie prefix (in second forum only) as myBBcookie (examples given are just examples!) The router firewall logs show that traffic has been passed on through this port to the correct device so the requests seem to being refused by the device. If you've got this far, well done! Any ideas?
You didn't have to open a new thread for this. The discussion for the same is on going in the other thread.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-100808.html