MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Damnit I have been hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you go to my forums you'll notice they start to load and then they're quickly replaced by some stupid message left by some dickhead that should have their ribs ripped out of them and stabbed in the eye sockets.

Anyhoo, does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm not sure which version of MyBB I'm running on it.
This is actually question to Chris. Would that hack be prevented if you run 1.1.4? I am not exactly sure how the hackers were able to inject this script.

EB
You can check your version in your Admin CP.
Oops! It's "1.0.0". Bah, you have to understand I have like ten forums running on MyBB and I could have swore the majority of the *important* ones were up-to-date, but it looks like this one never was updates. Yes, I know - my mistake (before anyone throws a flame war at me.)

But is there any way I can fix it? I can't login to the admin CP and like I said, they load for a split second and then the page is replaced. Any idea on how to fix it?
Re-upload your current files and if the problem persists then re-upload your most recent DB backup.
Yeah, upgrade...MyBB 1.0 is getting hacked left and right. Toungue
And could you please sent me your most recent Access Logs with the hackers IP in them?

This will help us fight against the hackers.
Go into your Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Board Online/Offline

From what it looks like by viewing the source, the hackers only added some code to your board online/offline message. If you remove that code and set your forums to online, it should work again.

Edit:
Also be sure to upgrade from 1.00 to 1.1.4. No upgrade script needs to be run, just upload all files (excluding inc/settings.php and inc/config.php).
Yes, make sure you upgrade or they'll do it again before you know it!
AndyM3 Wrote:Oops! It's "1.0.0". Bah, you have to understand I have like ten forums running on MyBB and I could have swore the majority of the *important* ones were up-to-date, but it looks like this one never was updates. Yes, I know - my mistake (before anyone throws a flame war at me.)

But is there any way I can fix it? I can't login to the admin CP and like I said, they load for a split second and then the page is replaced. Any idea on how to fix it?

It's always important to upgrade, no matter how many forums you use, be sure to keep all of them to the current version.
Pages: 1 2