MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You don't have permission to access /forum/install/index.php- 403 Forbidden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please could someone advise me on the error im getting after clicking next on the install page please see error below

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/install/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm the security set on index.php is set to 755 i have tried changing to 777 but still doesnt work.

I have also read the instructions to change the CHMOD on the php files and have completed this section.

In my hosting control panel i have the php version set to 5.2.5

Could somebody help please
Have you tried to make the /forums/ directory AND /install/ directory AND index.php chmod 777?
hasnt worked Sad
What's your URL? Try contacting your host.
my url is http://forum.divinesolace.com/forum/ , i managed to find a hosting company with a free package only 1gb storage but its a start
It is showing fine for me with no error.
which browser are you using ive been using google chrome are you able to click next?
Contact your host. You might have limited privileges since you are on a free package.
Thanks for your help guys, found it was the hosting company please see below

Thank you for contacting us.

Due to the heavy abuses conducted on our FREE hosting we have enabled automatic content filtering for all FREE accounts.
One of the setup pages contained a word that is filtered and thus the page was automatically redirected and blocked. Adminstrators such as myself can bypass this filter and was able to complete the installation successfully.

This filter is not present on any of our paid hosting platforms and if you wish it removed you might want to consider upgrading.