MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make old phpbb links go to the new mybb links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
converted a forum from phpbb to mybb about 2 weeks ago and a lot of posts have links to other posts on the forum. problem is, when you click the link someone has posted in a thread that links to another thread or post on the forum, it goes to a "page cannot be found" screen.

here's how the old phpbb links looked:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1761

whereas on mybb, I have the google seo plugin installed

is it possible to make the old links go to the new mybb links with google seo installed? maybe some mycode will do the trick?
You'll need more than just a MyCode.
(2011-08-06, 11:18 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need more than just a MyCode.

I was figuring that. any advice on a fix?
Moved to merge support since this is technically a merge system discussion.

However there is no way to do this post merge, as it requires a modification to the merge system to accomplish. You can run an SQL query if you didn't do the cleanup stage of the merge, or if you used the most recent copy of the merge system (I can't remember if this was in 1.6.1 or if its only in the svn offhand) as I stopped the removal of some of the import fields in order to allow for this functionality. If you have a post_trackers table and it is populated, we can do it. So let me know.
(2011-08-17, 01:49 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to merge support since this is technically a merge system discussion.

However there is no way to do this post merge, as it requires a modification to the merge system to accomplish. You can run an SQL query if you didn't do the cleanup stage of the merge, or if you used the most recent copy of the merge system (I can't remember if this was in 1.6.1 or if its only in the svn offhand) as I stopped the removal of some of the import fields in order to allow for this functionality. If you have a post_trackers table and it is populated, we can do it. So let me know.

I do not see a post_trackers table in my database.
Then you're out of luck other than manually doing each one as you come across it. Sorry.
Take a look here
http://community.mybb.com/thread-82995.html
I also converted from phpbb3
(2011-08-18, 04:02 AM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look here
http://community.mybb.com/thread-82995.html
I also converted from phpbb3

yeah, I read that prior to starting this thread. unfortunately, I converted the forum about a month ago. Sad
Yes, and while thats still on my TODO list, theres many many more things ahead of it.