MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Single DB for 2 or more sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I installed MyBB in one of my site http://www.postnread.com. Now i want to install it in another site. But i want to use previous database for my current new site. Is there any chance for it. Please help me... Advanced thanx to you.

Try changing the Prefix for the MySQL databases to another...

by default, MyBB uses mybb_database, you could try renaming it to mybb2_database during the installation.
Thanx for u r reply xiaozhu.

Here i want same data to 2 or more sites. How can i do it...

Please help me, Advanced Thanx
In your config.php, point to the same database Big Grin
Hello laie_techie,

Thanx for your reply. Is it any problem in attachments... please explain it...

Advanced Thanx
Hello there,

./inc/config.php is reponsible for the database information.
Upload new mybb file to some new directory on your webhost, the same as the one used for the other board, then get a copy of the ./inc/config.php of the 1st board or its content to ./inc directory of the new board.

The content of config.php should matches the one that was working on the other board, so that you get same contents of on 2 different boards.

However remember, you will not get get 2 different sites because, as the styles, templates, settings of Mybb are stored in the database this will somehow limit the cutomzation that differs one board from the other.

Regards
If you have two boards in different folders pointing to the same database tables (same database, same table prefix), the boards will be exactly the same (assuming the files are the same).

If you only want to have some data the same (same users and usergroups) that is a bit more difficult and requires extensive modification.