MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: core.xxxx files created every now and then in my /public_html/ under MyBB 1.6.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
core.xxxx files created every now and then in my /public_html/ directory after upgrading to MyBB 1.6.4

Host response:

Quote:That files is automatically created because of the server debugger is turned on where as the scripts you are running is crashing hence it will created a dump files. However, we have turned off the debugger over your account therefore this dump files should not be re-produce anymore.

Thank you,

Regards,

Quote:Yes, it is mainly because your script or the CMS you are running is crashing which is the reason why the core dump files are created. Since you mentioned this only happens right after you update your CMS therefore this is something you might need to check with the MyBB.

Thank you,

Regards,

After 1 week, I open my file manager via cpanel ftp.
I was Huh seeing my Disk Space Usage already in RED,
and so I open my /public_html/ directory, and saw this unknown file that almost eat my disk space with 14MB size each...

[Image: 2uz55rq.png]

What are those and where are those files came from?

Info's for core.xxxx files after searching:

Quote:core.xxxx - is a file with memory dump of a crashed program, presence of such files means that some application crashed - most probably php. You can delete these files.

Other forum board same topic > http://www.simplemachines.org/community/...c=440101.0

Would it be possible that this was caused by MyBB 1.6.4 Bug?

Thanks!
This is not a bug caused by MyBB 1.6.4.

Did you even read the first reply to the thread you linked to?
Then what are those possible misbehaving applications on the server ?
I have no other script running on my server, only MyBB Forum.
Basically, PHP crashed an dumped the entire conents of it's memory, including any infomation on any infomit is currently holding/executing, in order for them to be examined. Nothing you can do as is likely a misconfiguration, or a broken kernel.
I'm on a shared host.

"misconfiguration, or a broken kernel" is only available on, VPS ?
Contact your web host. There's nothing we can do about this...
(2011-08-06, 08:20 PM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on a shared host.

"misconfiguration, or a broken kernel" is only available on, VPS ?

No, the misconfiguration may be on the hosts end, or server.
Again, there are two new files coming in my cpanel ftp files, same file size.. Sad
This really isn't an issue with MyBB, rather, it's with PHP. Check to see if your web host knows about the issue before contacting them. If you need to contact them about the issue, and if they ask for it, give them a copy of the mem dump, it might help them resolve the issue quicker.

As everyone here noted, there isn't much we can help you with here.
My host last replay:

Quote:That files is automatically created because of the server debugger is turned on where as the scripts you are running is crashing hence it will created a dump files. However, we have turned off the debugger over your account therefore this dump files should not be re-produce anymore.

Thank you,

Regards,

where as the scripts you are running is crashing

Any idea with this?
Is it really not a MyBB bug issue?
Or some of my plugins are running some errors?
Quote:Yes, it is mainly because your script or the CMS you are running is crashing which is the reason why the core dump files are created. Since you mentioned this only happens right after you update your CMS therefore this is something you might need to check with the MyBB.

Thank you,

Regards,

Host response :
Pages: 1 2