MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blogging software!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm curious what you guys would recommend as decent blogging software.

I need something well devolped with plenty of themes or skins. (I dont have the time to make my own)

It has to use php and mysql and not come with any dodgy bugs like my current blog.

A hacks site to go with it would be nice, coz I'm lazy and still aint learn php.

Any sugguestions ?

closest thing I found was content management softwarwe with addons. I would be interested in finding something secure and easily modded as well for a project. been searching sourceforge myself.
Well, what about the script that surfi uses? Toungue

www.bblog.com

^ I think that's it. Wink
was my next thought. just check out what Chris usesSmile
Without a doubt Movable Type is the best remotely hosted blogging software.

If you're looking for a hosted solution, check out Typepad. I've used them for a while and they have an incredible amount of features (depending on which plan you choose).
Like musicalmidget said, and I know you hate it Wabz (Toungue) but i use bBlog.. Its amazing, very customisable in terms of plugins and templates, and is small, portable, and simple. It contains everything you need to use a weblog for.

I've customised my version a fair bit as well as written afew new pages, plugins, and even a gallery script to implement into it: http://www.surfionline.com/gallery/.

If you're interested in any of the modifications (currently excluding the gallery script), then you can let me know and i'd be sure to share them with you.

WordPress (http://www.wordpress.org) is another awesome blogging script written in PHP. I dont like the current template system at the moment (you just edit PHP files), and the plugin system isnt as flexible as I need it to be.

Chris
Whast about what I used to use? WordPress. It's good and easy to customise. An Example

EDIT: Didn't actually read Surfi's post.
Right thanks Guys!! I got Wordpress!

It seems nice enough and was easy to setup.

Anyone have any idea about .css templates and where I should start modifying the pages?

If you want to use your own layout instead of solely getting stuck with templates (as well as have a few addons) try "cute news".

It's easy to setup and extreamly easy to use and customize...

Any way thats just my 2 cents
Pages: 1 2