MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CMS Integration with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making a website that is for the game development company I'm founding. I'm looking for a content management system that I can integrate with MyBB. I love MyBB simply put, and I've been using it for about 3 years now, so I've gotten quite used to modifying templates and other files to suit the need of the forum that I am currently working on. Generally I start a forum and sell it Smile

However, this is for something that I plan on making my profession. I already have a group of people that I'm working with, and we're using MyBB on our developer forums. However, I'm wanting to integrate MyBB for my community forums with a CMS. I would have liked to use Joomla due to all the plugins available for customization, however, it appears the only plugin available for that is for MyBB 1.4 (Jfusion). So, I'm looking for a powerful enough CMS that I can use and integrate with MyBB so a user would be able to login and purchase a copy of the game, view their account details (I'm shooting for something along the lines of Battle.Net or other things like that...eventually after a little modification). However, I want them to stay logged in when they transfer over to forums.mysite.com from the main page.

If anyone would be able to suggest me a way to integrate MyBB into a CMS that would be great (with the CMS being the main part of the site, the community forums being a gathering place).

I'd like to use Joomla unless there is another CMS out there that I can do what I'm trying to do easier. If Joomla is really the only CMS, if anyone knows how to integrate Joomla logins with MyBB that would be GREAT. I don't need to display any information from forums.mysite.com on mysite.com or vice-versa. I'd also like something where I can try to advertise my Facebook page I set up and my Twitter.

Any help is greatly appreciated in this lovely endeavor of mine.

Also, I plan on adding a Wordpress blog (for development updates, etc.) and would like to have everything integrated pretty like if possible (which is why I'm shooting for Jfusion). I honestly don't know of anything out there right now. I will probably also try to set-up a wiki, but this will probably be run on a separate DB as if I have to ban a member from editing the wiki I don't want to ban their game account and forum access (except in rare occasions where I will just match up the things I need to to figure out who they are)

Edit: I'm also going to try to develop something along the lines of a license checker plugin for MyBB where it would check against the DB to see if the user has purchased a game and display it in the postbit so people browsing the forums know that the person posting feedback about the game actually has purchased it. Maybe just place them into a group for people who have and restrict posting permission until they do.

Edit 2: Honestly WP integration isn't that big of an issue for me I can come up with a work around.
this might help : Joomla MyBB integrator pack