MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do I add space at the top?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I just started my very first forum today and need some help fine tuning it. I would like to add a bit of space or padding above the logo. my forum can be found at

I want to add padding at the top and take away some space between the menu bar and the forum categories. I have looked through the css settings and everything and tried messing with some things but had no luck. I obviously have a lot more to do to make it a great forum but once I get it looking basically okay I can promote it and ask my friends to post there.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have played around with phpbb3 and mybb for hours before settling with mybb and I am confident I made the right choice. So thanks to the development team for this wonderful free software.
#logo {
    //code
    padding-top: 5px;
}
(2011-08-07, 04:40 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
#logo {
    //code
    padding-top: 5px;
}

Okay thanks but how do I input it? I tried and now my forum has this weird dark backgroundSad
Either use the Advanced Editor or simply put padding-top: 5px; in the extra attributes textarea.
(2011-08-07, 04:59 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Either use the Advanced Editor or simply put padding-top: 5px; in the extra attributes textarea.

That worked great. Thanks so much.