MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching themes on a board already up and running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I currently have 2 boards running at the moment. The first board has 50+ members and probably 1100 posts - give or take.

When I setup the 2nd board, I came across a theme (skin) that I like OH so much better.

Is it possible after the fact to install the 2nds theme into the 1st's directory, activate it and not lose any of my clients posts, passwords, etc?

I just want to make the first look and work like the 2nd.

Thanks, Mike

BTW - here is the link for the first www.bransonmo65616.com/forum

and the 2nd's new forum. www.tablerocksound.com/forum

Yes, ofcourse, themes have nothing to do with the database information.
(2011-08-07, 01:49 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, ofcourse, themes have nothing to do with the database information.

SmileHeh heh heh... Yeah, trust me, I am a bit nervous all the same. Take something that is configureatively working great but jacking with it all the same....

So it's pretty clean then to just install the theme, activate it, and wa-la everything will be the same just better looking?
Yes, you'll be absolutely safe. There's nothing to worry about. Smile
Thanks for the reassuring voices. I did as instructed and the board is up and running. REALLY pleased with this particular look and functionality.